Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I already miss our tofu shop

Here's our neighborhood tofu shop. They make t0fu fresh every day, the way it's supposed to be. In the morning they set the scum outside to cool in that blue box.
My boys like to have the fried tofu in their lunchboxes. The place smells amazing. Kind of like wood and soybean mist...very healthy.
Even though this place seems old-fashioned because they do everything by hand in small batches, they also have a digital photo frame and one of those cell-phone bar codes hooked up.

They also have this cat. We call her Tofu-Kitty.
I don't think she eats tofu. I saw the guy feeding her a breadstick today.
She also doesn't look old enough to be a mommy, but she had babies last fall. At least, I think that's what the lady in the tofu store was telling me.

2 comments:

  1. Mira: "I wish I had fried tofu for lunch everyday..."
    Think I'll pan fry some tofu for her lunch today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a nice looking place.

    ReplyDelete