Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Costco, Japan....

Guess where I went last weekend? Yep. We went here.


In a real car!

Alek came too, to keep his friend S-kun company. They go to school together. It was a one hour drive.
In the Japanese Costco, everything is American size. And since I've gotten used to tiny things, it all looked XXXXL. Costco did not change its model for the Japanese market. Not one bit.
We took a funky ramp down to the store.
It was crow-ded. Like the week before Christmas crowded.
They had stacks of Kirkland jeans and Gloria Vanderbilt polos, just like at home. Same oddball colors.

And they had cheese. Lots and lots of cheese. I feel kind of fat just looking at this stuff. But I still bought some. For Darrin, you know.

And preserved meats. XXXL bacon boy here.

There were some Japanese touches, like this pack of 100 pieces of nori.
And this pack of 54 onigiri mixes.

Here's some of the stuff I bought. These were for Darrin.

Rotisserie chicken and a bag of limes! The limes were for Darrin.

Organic peanut butter, wine, nuts, fish oil. Nine sticks of salami.

I'm still not sure what I was thinking with all that salami. I think Alek had something to do with it....

Napkins!!!! Paper napkins!!!!

On the way out, we resisted the XXXL cokes and XXXL hot dogs and XXXL pizza. I'm not sure how, but we did.
p.s. I did not buy the bacon.

2 comments:

  1. I love the protective manner in which Alek is clutching the bacon. That bacon should feel very special.

    I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 200 yen for the hot-dog at the snack bar. that's pretty close (isn't it?) to the $1.50 they charge here.

    ReplyDelete